Posted by Tanis on 06 Jan 2016 / 0 Comment
Planning a Charleston Destination Wedding – The Timing
Charleston Destination Wedding at Magnolia Plantation
- You need a Charleston wedding planner to assist you.
- You need to book ahead. Charleston is a very popular destination for weddings and travel in general. Venues, restaurants and hotels stay busy year round as well as your Charleston Wedding Planner.
- Charleston’s most popular venues will book 1-2 years in advance
- You will also want to consult with your wedding planner and/or an Events calendar to be on the look out for major festivals and the Cooper Bridge Run which is an extremely large event for a smaller town.
- Peak wedding season is March – June and September to November. If you plan to come to Charleston during this time it is advisable to visit during the week so that you will be able to get into venues and meet with vendors.
- Engagement season is January and July and these are when the bridal shows are usually held.
- They call it the Holy City for a reason. Not a lot other than church and family dinner takes place on Sundays.
- Exchange your money ahead of time. Charleston has very limited resources and you might find yourself arriving on a weekend with none of the banks open.
- Charleston in general closes down fairly early with many venues with a 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm finish time. After parties downtown or at a beach house are a popular option for many couples planning a Charleston Destination Wedding.
- Marriage licenses must be applied for and pick up Monday through Friday, with a 24 hour waiting period so this may affect your timing of a trip to Charleston for venue and vendor or selection or when you opt to arrive in Charleston prior to your wedding.
Charleston Destination Wedding at Carriage House
Contact us today if you are planning a Charleston Destination Wedding!