Charleston SC Wedding Planner – Reception Programs
Typically brides will print a program for the ceremony but not the reception. While many guests enjoy knowing who is in the wedding party, in my opinion as a Charleston SC wedding planner, it’s important to know what is going to take place after the ceremony.
Who should consider having a reception program?
1. Couples who are having their ceremony and reception in two locations. Often guests will not bring their invitation with them and may forget where the reception is. Hostesses and ushers can hand out directions on a program.
2. Couples who are having a unique reception. Most couples have a cocktail hour followed by dinner but some couples do not. If a bride and groom are having a cocktail reception this is particularly important so that guests understand that the cocktail food will be the only food served.
3. Couples who are having their reception in a venue with multiple rooms. Having a program let’s guests know what it’s a good time to come back into the main room for the meal, cake cutting, dances etc.
Charleston SC wedding planner items to put on a program:
- Reception start time. It’s good to have all the guests seated and ready to greet the couple as they enter the reception for the first time. Also at some weddings there are some many appetizers during the cocktail hour that people don’t realize that there is dinner to follow
- End time of the reception. Most guests have no idea what time a wedding ends when they attend and set their departure time based on their own personal preferences. With the popularity of the big send off such as sparklers or bubbles it can be upsetting to a couple to have a large number of their guests leave prior to this simply because they didn’t know if they had just waited 10 more minutes the wedding would have been over.
- Thanks you’s. This is a great place to acknowledge friends and family who have not only helped the couple with the wedding, but helped them become mature adults suited to marriage.
My experience as a Charleston SC wedding planner has taught me that weddings are still one of the most formal events guests attend and they want to be on their best behavior. Letting them know when activities are taking place helps them do this.
Contact us if you are looking for a Charleston SC wedding planner!