Charleston SC Wedding Planner – budgeting and hidden fees
As a Charleston SC wedding planner I have to watch out for hidden fees that are not accounted for in a bride’s budget. One of the biggest challenges for brides when it comes to budgeting is knowing all the line items that should go into a budget. Often its these hidden fees that cause a bride to go over budget.
Charleston SC Wedding Planner Budget Categories:
Charleston Wedding Stationary
– Most brides include invitations in the budget but other printed materials such as Save the dates, thank you cards and programs can be overlooked.
– Postage! With save the dates, invitations, response cards and thank you cards that can add up to hundreds of stamps.
– Calligraphy is not so much a hidden fee, but one that brides usually underestimate the cost of. You can anticipate a fee of about $3 per invite, which is often more than the cost of the invitation itself, because calligraphy is so labour extensive and because there just aren’t many people who do calligraphy any more.
Charleston SC Wedding Rentals
– Many of Charleston’s wedding venues do not include tables and chairs and these must be rented at an additional charge
– Linens can range anywhere from $10 a table cloth to over $100 for luxury linens.
– Most hotels and resorts that provide “onsite catering” will provide china, silverware and barware but for most venues that allow outside catering these caterers do not provide these items and they must be rented. You will rent at least two of each piece of cutlery and most likely 3 if you are having cake. You will need 2 plates for a buffet & 4 plates for each person if having stations
– All rental companies charge tax, a delivery charge (and an additional after hours charge for evening pick up) along with a damage charge which is usually 7% of your rental order
Charleston SC wedding Catering charges
– If you are having chef attended stations you can expect chef charges, |
– Server charges may also be additional. Plated meals or passed appetizers usually require more staffing.
– Most caterers will offer cake cutting service but will charge 50 cents to $1 on average
– Champagne toast is usually an additional charge if the champagne is to be served to the guests
– Often the bartenders are an additional charge on top of the per person rate for host bars and for consumption bars.
– You can expect to pay 30% on top of your food charges for service charge, taxes and gratuity for both food and beverage!
Charleston SC Wedding Dress
– Along with your wedding dress itself you should allocate money for alterations, Alterations, cleaning (i.e. between bridal portraits & wedding) and preserving if desired.
Charleston SC Wedding Extras
– Most vendors who are delivering items to your wedding then leaving will charge a delivery charge.
– Check your contracts for Minimum hours (DJ, limo, photographer) and Maximum hours (venues, bar, photographer, Charleston SC wedding planner) to ensure your contract lines up with your timeline.
Charleston SC Wedding Planner Miscellaneous items
– Wedding license, garter, guest book, favors, cake cutter, toasting flutes, ring pillow, flower girl basket, and pre wedding beauty (facials, teeth whitening, personal trainer)
Accredited Bridal Consultant
“Where modern ideas meet old-fashioned service”
Call us today if you are looking for a Charleston SC wedding planner!