Charleston Wedding Planner – Beach Wedding considerations
Charleston South Carolina is one of the top wedding destinations in all of the USA and beach weddings are incredibly popular. A beach wedding sounds simple enough but if If you think you can show up at a Charleston public beach to get married, here are some things to consider:
1. Does the beach allow weddings? Not all do or you might actually be on someone’s private property.
2. Does the beach allow vendors? (some beaches allow weddings but you cannot have a professional photographer, caterers, Charleston wedding planner etc.)
3. How are you going to create the space needed for your guests?. Everyone has the same right on a public beach and you might have to send someone out hours in advance to “create space”
4. When is high tide and low tide and will you have enough beach at your ceremony time? You have to be very realistic about whether you think you and your guests will be on time for the wedding. It only takes a few minutes difference for your ceremony to end up in the ocean.
5. Do you require a permit from the city? (The answer is always yes)
6. Where will your guests park? Parking at all the public beaches is in high demand.
7. Does the beach have restrooms? The closer your ceremony is to public restrooms the more people there will be on the beach.
8. What is your back up plan for inclement weather?
9. If you are renting a beach house do they allow weddings? Normally they will specify on their website and indicate if there is an additional fee (there always is). They will also have capacity restrictions and it is rare to see a beach house that will allow more than 75 people.
As an experienced Charleston wedding planner I strongly suggest that if you are considering a beach wedding that you reserve a beach venue or beach house that allows weddings in order to address these concerns and really decrease your stress and increase the enjoyment of your guests.
Tanis J Events
Accredited Bridal Consultant
Contact us today if you are looking for a Charleston wedding planner!