Charleston Wedding Planner – Rehearsal dinners
Most Charleston wedding couples opt to have a rehearsal dinner or rehearsal lunch after their rehearsal. It may be the first time families are meeting or a great opportunity for a good welcome.
Here are some tips from Charleston wedding planner Tanis Jackson, on how to plan a rehearsal dinner
- Location – for convenience we recommend staying near the venue where the rehearsal will be held, especially if the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner is held the night before your wedding. You will want to be efficient with your time. Charleston restaurants downtown are very popular but they tend to be more expensive and very few have dedicated parking lots.
- Group dinners – Many restaurants will offer group menus for their rehearsal dinners, giving you more control over the pricing. Most will still offer a number of selections so guests have a choice but you won’t have to worry about one of your guests ordering steak and lobster
- When to book – We recommend booking the rehearsal dinner after your wedding catering has been selected. 1. You don’t want to have too much overlap in your food selections for your rehearsal and for your wedding reception. 2. You don’t want the rehearsal food to outshine the wedding food.
- Even though you don’t want to overlap your food some venues and some caterers will offer a discount if you opt to book both meals with them. This is not only cost saving but also very convenient.
- Drink menu – For couples concerned about a large bar bill and/or guests partying a little too hard the night before their wedding we highly suggest giving guests pre-paid drink tickets for their rehearsal dinner. That way they can still offer their guests a beverage while keeping costs down and discouraging excessive drinking.
Charleston Wedding Planner Rehearsal Dinner Recommendation – Charleston Harbor Boat Cruise
Contact us today if you are looking for a Charleston Wedding Planner!