Posted by Tanis on 09 Jan 2015 / 0 Comment
Charleston Wedding Planner Tips for Attending Bridal Shows
Tanis Jackson is a Charleston wedding planner and has attended bridal shows as a bride, a guest and as a vendor.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you could be walking around for several hours, possibly on concrete. Most bridal shows have very little seating.
- Bring a friend with you for company, but don’t bring a team. The shows can be quite crowded so trying to keep multiple people together is very challenging. We recommend either the groom, the mother of the bride or the Maid of Honor/Bridesmaids or your Charleston wedding planner
- While it’s the vendors job to be prepared for the show doing your homework beforehand can really benefit you. Look at the bridal website beforehand to see which vendors are attending and allow you to highlight who you really want to see. You might also want to check out their websites as well. This will allow you to prepare any questions you might have. Preparation is particularly important for those brides who are on the shy side and not used to talking to strangers.
- Bring some money with you including a credit card as some vendors will give discount on the spot. If you’ve done your research as above you will be able to take advantage of these discounts
- Bring a pen and paper to take your own notes. If there are 60+ vendors at a show it’s going to be hard to remember who you liked and who you didn’t. If you open up your bridal bag & find 10 business cards for photographers how are you going to remember who is who?
- Expect a lot of emails after the show. Vendors pay a lot of money to attend the show and are hoping to book as many clients as possible. Many of them will try and follow up with you. While you might not to want to receive a lot of emails it’s likely that they will be offering show discounts. I always encourage brides to set up a separate email for their wedding at any rate as there will be a few hundred wedding emails by the time your wedding day rolls around.
Photo Tanis Jackson Charleston Wedding Planner:
Contact us today if you want to know more about a Charleston Wedding Planner!