Charleston wedding planning – guest books
The guest book is a long standing tradition that most brides still adhere too at a Charleston wedding. Although traditional the form of guest book has changed quite a bit over the years. Here are some different options for the wedding guest book
1. Traditional guest book – in a book format with lines for guests to sign and leave a comment and/or their address. This is a good option for couples who don’t want to have to put a lot of thought or money in their guest book.
2. The book guest book – The bride and groom purchase a book that is relevant to them such as a book about Charleston or their favorite cook book and guests sign right in the book. The key to making this work is ensuring someone signs right at the beginning the wedding so that guests realize they are supposed to write in it.
3. Thumb print guest book – The thumb print guest book has been extremely popular over the last year. A tree of some sort is painted onto canvas. Guests are invited to print their thumbs them put the thumb print on the canvas along with their initials or signature. Brides will want to have handi-wipes for their guests so they can easily wipe their thumb off (and so they don’t look like they’ve just been finger printed.
4. Wishing tree – Guests hang well wishes on individually printed cards and hanging them from a tree. This makes a great display. Popular cards for hanging are hearts, flowers and butterflies
5. Photo with polaroids – Guests take photos of one another at the wedding then post into a scrapbook.
6. Photobooth guest book – The photobooth operator gives guests one copy of their photobooth photos and then has them sign one of the strips of photos which are put together in a book and given to the couple at the end of the night.
7. Message in a bottle guest book – Guests write messages on individually printed cards and put them into a large bottle. This is a great idea for Charleston wedding at the Charleston Aquarium or a beach wedding.
8. Picture guest book – A photo is displayed in a frame (usually a photo of the couple) with a large amount of white space surrounding it so guests have room to write their greetings. It maintains popularity as it can be displayed nicely after a Charleston wedding.
Charleston wedding guest books
Accredited Bridal Consultant
Contact us today if you are looking for a professional to help plan our Charleston wedding!