Charleston SC Wedding Planner – Programs
Typically the Charleston wedding program will list the elements of the ceremony and who is in the wedding party. The program often is very focused on the wedding ceremony, listing the activities that will take place. This doesn’t really affect what the guests do; if the prayer is listed before a reading and it ends up reversed at the ceremony it’s not as though the guests are going to get up and leave because it wasn’t in order. In my opinion as a Charleston SC wedding planner, it’s important to know what is going to take place after the ceremony.
As a Charleston SC wedding planner here are the items I like to see on program
- Cocktail hour – Most brides have a cocktail hour approximately 60 minutes long, but on occasion a bride and groom may do photos beforehand and might have a very short cocktail hour. If guests run out to purchase a card (this actually happens a lot) they might be surprised that they missed the start of the reception. On the opposite side of the spectrum if the couple is going offsite for photos their cocktail hour may be extended.
- Reception start time. It’s good to have all the guests seated and ready to greet the couple as they enter the reception for the first time. Also at some weddings there are some many appetizers during the cocktail hour that people don’t realize that there is dinner to follow
- End time of the reception. Most guests have no idea what time a wedding ends when they attend and set their departure time based on their own personal preferences. With the popularity of the big send off such as sparklers or bubbles it can be upsetting to a couple to have a large number of their guests leave prior to this simply because they didn’t know if they had just waited 10 more minutes the wedding would have been over.
- Thanks you’s. This is a great place to acknowledge friends and family who have not only helped the couple with the wedding, but helped them become mature adults suited to marriage.
- In memoriam – This is also a wonderful time to reflect on those who have passed. Family members who could not attend due to a variety of circumstances can also be acknowledged here.
My experience as a Charleston SC wedding planner has taught me that the weather is quite warm for much of the year. Program fans are a great way to let the guests know what is going to take place as well as keeping them cool.
“Where modern ideas meet old-fashioned service”
Contact us if you are looking for a Charleston SC wedding planner!