Charleston SC wedding planner – sparkler send off
If you asked a Charleston SC wedding planner about a sparkler send off you’d probably expect a simple answer – light the sparklers and let the couple walk through them, right?
Photo by Roger Kirby Photography
Sparkler send off from the perspective of a Charleston SC wedding planner:
In order to coordinate a good sparkler send off there are some things to consider:
1. You have to check to determine if the venue allow sparklers? Many venues do not due to the fire hazard.
2. If the venue does allow sparklers what are their regulations? In particular you will want to abide by the cleanup regulations and let your Charleston wedding planner know about these.
3. Selecting sparklers – sparklers that are less than 6 inches don’t last long enough for a wedding send off and sparklers longer than 18 inches are difficult to manage when you have to collect 100 of them. Somewhere in between is ideal.
4. Preparing sparklers – Sparklers have more package than any other wedding item I have ever seen so it’s important to unwrap them in advance to ensure they are ready on time for the sendoff.
5. Distribution of sparklers – the easiest way to distribute at a is to have them in a container and let people select them. This is safer than holding them all as well. I like to put them in a metal bucket with sand so they will stand on their own. I do not recommend placing in a glass container which could potentially crack.
Charleston SC wedding sparkler send off by Tillman Branch Photography
6. Timing! Someone needs to be in charge (usually DJ or Charleston wedding planner) to let everyone know when to start the sparklers. It usually takes 10 to 15 minutes from the time the sparkler send off is announced to the time the couple actually goes down the sparkler aisle.
7. Photos – the photographers may have the couple go through the sparkler aisle a couple of times to get the best photos.
8. Spacing. The guests should form two lines with enough space for the bride and groom to go through, safely at the the end of their Charleston SC wedding.
“Where modern ideas meet old-fashioned service”
Call us today if you are looking for a Charleston SC wedding planner!