The Charleston SC Wedding Planners Calendar
January – engagement season. 30% of proposals take place during the Christmas holiday. Bridal shows take place in January
February – engagement season. Valentine’s Day is the second most popular day of the year for proposals. Bridal shows also take place in February
March – Peak spring wedding season starts
April – Peak wedding season
May – peak wedding season
June – peak wedding season
July – low season. Also known as the second engagement season as Charleston SC wedding planners and vendors are looking for new clients to replace all the brides that got married in the spring. Bridal shows are popular during this month.
August – low season continues. More bridal shows
September – peak fall wedding season begins
October – peak fall wedding season. I find this to be the most popular month of the year for weddings
November – low season for weddings
December – low season for weddings but high season for Christmas/holiday parties so brides are sometimes competing with holiday parties for venues, caterers and hotel rooms
Why it’s important to know and understand the Charleston SC wedding planners calendar:
- Knowing high season and low season can help you save money, particularly on a Charleston SC wedding venue as well as helping you book the vendors you want. I have done weddings in almost every month of the year.
- If you hire Charleston SC wedding planners or vendors during low season and s/he responds to all emails and calls on the same day but then when peak season arrives and s/he takes two days to respond you will understand why.
- Knowing the calendar will help you plan, particularly when to make appointments with your Charleston wedding planners and vendors. Some vendors are so busy during peak season that they don’t take appointments at all and most will not take appointments on the weekends.
- A lot of brides enjoy going to the local bridal show so knowing when they are held each year will help you plan. Destination brides may even want to book a trip to attend the shows, have a site visit at their venue and make appointments with vendors while they are visiting with their Charleston SC wedding planners.
- Discounts! Discounts are most likely to be found in the January – February engagement season and the July – August engagement season.
- While the peak seasons are quieter for weddings they are also the times that vendors, planners and venue staff are more likely to take vacations. We often go from January to July without a weekend so brides who think they can wait until the last minute to make appointments during this time may be disappointed.
Other Charleston SC wedding planners scheduling considerations
- Saturday is the most popular day of the week for weddings regardless of season
- Some brides are opting to have Friday or Sunday weddings, particularly if the venue offers a non-Saturday discount and more and more are doing so. You may also opt to do this if you want to have your wedding in an extremely popular venue.
- Some of the most popular Charleston SC wedding venues book 18 months to two years in advance particularly during peak season. Charleston is one of the top destination wedding locations in the USA but we are not one of the largest cities so the demand for venues is very high.
- For destination brides who want to come to Charleston to look at venues and book most vendors in 2-5 days and want their Charleston SC wedding planners to accompany them, it’s extremely important to be mindful of the calendar and book these before making arrangements for transportation to ensure their availability.
“Where modern ideas meet old-fashioned service”
Contact us if you are looking for Charleston SC wedding planners!