The Top 10 Things to Know about a Charleston Destination Wedding
Haley and Anthony’s Charleston Destination Wedding.
This beautiful photo was taken inside the Christmas tree at the Francis Marion Hotel.
1. Charleston is the second most popular destination for weddings in all of the USA. This leads to #2 & #3
2. The average Charleston destination wedding budget is $25,000. By average we mean 100 guests with a meal (whether plated or the very popular station option) DJ, modest flowers, photographer, bridal attire etc. This is not an extravagant wedding with draping, up lighting, large centerpieces or transportation for guests. This price also does not include the honeymoon or rings.
3. Because Charleston is such a popular destination wedding location venues book very early. Some of the post popular venues book Saturdays 18 – 24 months in advance.
4. Many venues will give a discount for non-Saturday weddings so Fridays and Sundays also book up very early.
5. Many brides dream of the outdoor ceremony under a grand oak tree. Many brides also want to be close to downtown and the sites of Charleston. While there are a few venues that are close to downtown and have the large wedding tree, these sites also come with a premium price.
6. Charleston is a relatively small city and many wedding businesses follow banking hours from 9:00 to 5:00.
7. Many blogs we’ve read state that for destination weddings you can anticipate about only for 70% of the invited guests attending, but with our experience with Charleston Destination Weddings we would recommend planning for 100% of the guests attending because it is a very popular vacation destination. Many guests may turn your wedding into their holiday.
8. Charleston is so popular for a vacation destination due to the great weather, beaches, fabulous restaurants, many golfing options.
9. Charleston is also a popular destination for vacations so you will want to book your accommodation early.
10. Hire a wedding planner if you are planning a Charleston destination wedding! They will save you time, money and stress.
The American Theater, a very popular venue on King Street was the location for Sarah and Courtlyn’s Charleston Destination Wedding.
Tanis J Events, LLC
Contact us today to discuss your Charleston Destination Wedding!